Input to a transatlantic debate on moderating online content
The seminar was an off-the-record discussion. Our partners mentioned reports and research prepared by ABTShield team on online trolling and bots behaviour. The round-table gathered a dozen of public authorities, NGOs, companies and research community that is involving in combatting hate speech online. ABTShield arguments pointed to artificially amplified hate-speech that need automated solutions.
Watch the public part online:
- Piotr Godzisz, PhD International Network for Hate Studies and Lambda Warsaw
- Brittan Heller, founder of the Anti-Defamation League’s Center for Technology and Society; Berkman Klein Center, Harvard University
- Wojciech Przybylski, Editor-In-Chief, Visegrad Insight
- Joris Van Hoboken, Professor of Law, Senior Researcher, Institute for Information Law, University of Amsterdam.
- Michał Szułdrzyński, deputy editor-in-chief Rzeczpospolita
The events were part of a broader inititative by which a Transatlantic High Level Group seeks to address harmful content online while protecting freedom of speech.